Campaign Print<< Back
10 January 2018
UNDP LEAP and UN Women Lebanon partnered with the newly created Office of the Minister of State for Women’s Affairs (OMSWA) to implement an agreed roadmap with the overall objective to enhance the role of Lebanese women for effective and meaningful participation in the upcoming political elections scheduled for May 2018.
Hence, a public awareness campaign was developed with an overall objective to enhance the role of Lebanese women for effective and meaningful participation in the upcoming 2018 Parliamentary Elections. Targeting all Lebanese citizens, the campaign focuses on delivering the following messages:
• Raise the public awareness on the role of women in leadership, politics and electoral process
• Promote an inclusive electoral process and a fair portrayal of women political leaders.
• Encourage political parties to nominate women in leadership positions
• Encourage women activists to run for elections
• Encourage voters to vote for women candidates
The awareness campaign is divided into three phases with 3 different messages:
• First phase promotes women’s participation in elections;
• Second phase will endorse women as candidates;
• Third phase will promote women as voters.
LEAP is fully funded by the European Union.